December 13th -14th, 2016, College Park, Maryland
January 12th –13th , 2017 Washington, DC
Please see attached information: .announcement-internal-short-circuit-discussion-nov-15
Here are some of the topics for January that were discussed earlier this year. The exact agenda is still being developed.
1. Causes for internal shorts; the intent of this forum is to educate communities that do not have access to all the technical information
2. Session 1: What can be done to screen for internal shorts at the cell and battery manufacturing facilities or user facilities
3. Session 2: Detection of shorts in the field
4. Session 3: Methods to simulate internal shorts and what do they tell you?
5. Other possible topics: Cell components that can help prevent internal shorts or limit their effects.
If a short starts, is there a way to prevent thermal runaway?