Batteries (ISSN 2313-0105) is an international, open access journal of battery technology and materials published quarterly online by MDPI (Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute). The journal is free for readers and accepted papers will be free of charge in 2017 and 2018.
Guest Editor Erik Schaltz will organize a Special Issue on Battery Integration and Operation in Electro-Mobile Applications in this journal. Deadline for manuscript submissions is 15 April 2018.
Special Issue Information
During recent years, a slow but steady trend towards the electrification of the transportation sector has begun. Hybrid and electric vehicles have been commercially available for some years and projects of electric buses, trucks, ferries, etc., are also seen. Therefore, batteries have become more and more important in the transportation of people and goods. For the same reason, in order to reduce costs and to increase the safety and reliability, proper integration and operation of batteries in electro-mobile applications also become more and more important. Especially, when the battery capacity increases, as seen in recent electric vehicles.
This Special Issue of Batteries focuses on several aspects regarding battery integration and operation in electro-mobile applications. Topics of interests include, but are not limited to:
- Pack design, failure mitigation and thermal management of batteries
- Battery-management-systems (BMSs), e.g., dissipative and non-dissipative balancing topologies and strategies, centralized or distributed configurations, etc.
- On and offline diagnostic, prognostic and condition monitoring methods on batteries
- Power electronic converters for batteries, e.g., chargers, step-up converters, equalizers and motors controllers, including novel concepts such as integrating battery cells in multilevel converters
- Energy management strategies in hybrid electric applications
- Fast charging topologies, concepts, and influence on battery performance
- Battery lifetime investigation based on specific mission profiles and strategies
- Experiences on emerging batteries, e.g., Li-S and Mg-ion batteries
Electro-mobile applications include hybrid and electric vehicles, buses, trucks, trains, ferries, airplanes, electric bikes, drones and other mobility solutions.
Deadline for manuscript submissions is 15 April 2018. More information regarding the special issue can be seen here: